National Manufacturing Day takes place on October 5 this year (or on a designated day in October). This initiative of the Manufacturing Institute and the National Association of Manufacturers is intended to inspire the next generation of manufacturers.
The EACC is working with our friends at Partners for a Competitive Workforce to promote National Manufacturing Day/Month in October, and specifically, we are delighted to showcase the National Manufacturing Day events that will be held by EACC member companies. Please find a snapshot of these events below.
The EACC continues to implement our three-pronged strategy to promote Workforce Development: Celebrate, Advocate, & Connect. EACC member companies working on initiatives like National Manufacturing Day are encouraged to share their work with the EACC…we want to celebrate your great work and success! And, if you know of resources to which EACC members should connect, please send our way. Finally, if you have ideas on how we can continue our mission to effectively and impactfully advocate for careers in manufacturing, be sure to let us know!
National Manufacturing Day Events Hosted by EACC Member Companies:
(Please note, some of these events are open to the public, while most are invitation only)
• Balluff – Balluff opens its doors to the public on Oct. 5, 2018 for Manufacturing Day. Come out to learn about manufacturing and the career opportunities available for the next generation. Activities are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event will include several popular hands-on activities, which provide first-hand experience for kids and adults to learn how sensors and automation work, and the opportunity to tour Balluff's semi-automated warehouse and electronic assembly facilities. Facility tours will start every hour on the half hour mark. Visitors can also check out Balluff's Demo Van — a mobile, mini trade show — and meet with representatives from local colleges, universities, manufacturing societies and organizations who will be on-hand to answer questions about education in STEM programs. Please click here to learn more and to register.
•Deceuninck North America – Deceuninck North America, in conjunction with the local chamber of commerce (The Chamber of Commerce Monroe/Middletown/Trenton), will be welcoming students from local high schools to its Monroe facility to celebrate Manufacturing Month. The educational events, which will run on Fridays during October, will give local high school students the opportunity to tour the Deceuninck plant, meet the team, learn about the company and career opportunities in Monroe. Invitation only event.
• Festo – Festo continues to open its door to this wonderful event. On the October 5 Manufacturing Day, Festo joins the region in opening its doors for others to see what advanced manufacturing in the region looks like moving forward. Festo is a worldwide leader in automation and a world market leader in technical training. We continue to show our community, especially the younger generation, that manufacturing is a clean, safe and productive way of making a career now and in the future. Festo prides itself on being involved with schools, colleges and university’s to demonstrate what is possible. Festo is proud of hosting Manufacturing Day and innovation Week. Invitation only event.
• General Tool Company –Over the last 5 years, General Tool Company in Reading has hosted hundreds of students from local High Schools and Technical schools (The Oaks programs and Butler Tech) to provide an overview of the myriad of opportunities in the manufacturing sector. The students heard presentations about the technical and non-technical jobs by our young engineers and then took a shop tour which highlighted the new machine tools and the technologies, such as the Robotic welding cells for the new aircraft carrier launch system and large parts for US Navy ships and for other companies such as SpaceX. Invitation only event.
• Krauss-Maffei Corporation – In celebration of Manufacturing Day, Krauss-Maffei Corporation will open its doors from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on October 11, as part of an effort to change people’s perceptions about today’s manufacturing environment and draw attention to the outstanding opportunities that a career in manufacturing can provide. Planned activities include facility tours, plastics machinery demonstrations, and more. The company hopes the event will spark more interest in plastics industry careers. This event is primarily for students, teachers, and anyone else unfamiliar with the plastics industry that is interested in learning about Krauss-Maffei Corporation. Pease click here to learn more and to register.
- Mubea - This year, Mubea is hosting a private invitation only Manufacturing Day Event, partnering with our local RA Jones Middle School to dedicate to our local school systems. Our main learning objective for our manufacturing day is to educate our youth of options in Advanced Manufacturing. Activities this year will include: training simulations on our $300k mechatronics lab and our Lego Storm project.
- Rhinestahl AMG – Rhinestahl Advanced Manufacturing Group is thrilled to be hosting students on October 5th for National Manufacturing Day and throughout the month of October. This year, students from around the Greater Cincinnati area will be introduced to all aspects of advanced manufacturing including CNC Machining, Programming, Engineering, Operations, and Quality. Students will learn about career opportunities for recent graduates. Students will tour the manufacturing facility and see first-hand how our products drive innovation in defense, transportation, aviation and space exploration. Parents are invited to attend to see the vast opportunities in advanced manufacturing. Invitation only event.
- Safran Landing Systems – On October 5th, Safran Landing Systems, an international aerospace innovator, will open its doors to a group of local high school students to inspire the next generation of advanced manufacturers. Students will tour the Carbon Brake Plant, learn about the processes, and talk to employees who manufacture carbon airplane brakes. Following, they will tour the Wheels & Brakes Plant to see the process of preparing and assembling the airplane wheels with brakes. The day will end with a hands-on lesson in carbon brake assembly and discussion of potential careers in the field. Safran Landing Systems in Walton, KY is actively engaged with students through the Kentucky Federation for Advanced Manufacturing (KYFAME) seeking to promote careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Invitation only event.
• VEGA Americas - VEGA Americas, Inc. is excited to be hosting an “invitation only” Manufacturing Day event in October 2018. A local high school will be participating where we will have the opportunity to expose students to the manufacturing industry and the career opportunities that are open to them in this field. They will be taken on a facility tour, which includes interactive learning stations where our products will be on display. The students will be introduced to manufacturing first hand and all of the possible career paths in this industry. Invitation only event.
EACC member Pilot Chemical Company will also be holding Manufacturing Day events.