Gilman Partners and Board Member Julie George hosted the Board of Directors of the Greater Cincinnati Chapter of the European American Chamber of Commerce (EACC) for our second meeting of 2023 at the the Gilman Partner offices on Wednesday, April 26.
Board President Nelly Bonniol welcomed all, and thanked Gilman Partners for hosting us. The January 2023 meeting minutes were approved, and we then went on to vote on board seat replacements for the current year. The following changes were confirmed:
- Anne Cappel is taking over the Board seat and Executive commitee assignment from Yannick Schilly for Altix Consulting.
- Fabian Schmahl is taking over the Board seat from Steve Melink for Bridgebuilder Member Melink Solar.
- Jody Gunderson is taking over the Board Seat from Joshua Hamilton for Ambassador Member City of Hamilton.
We thank all Board members for their support and dedication to our organization.
Treasurer Mike Dektas gave a brief financial overview, followed by an update by Nelly Bonniol on the ongoing recruitment process for a new EACC Executive Director. The plan is to fill the position by Summer 2023.
Dominic Franchini then gave an update on the production of video clips on member testimonials, which will be used for promotional purposes, especially for member recruitment.
The Board then heard about the planning status for the events coming up in May and June with an emphasis on Sustain 2023, Annual Gala and the Business Development Trip to France:
- Sustain 2023 at Melink Solar, presenting Sustainability
- Annual Gala at Drees Pavilion, key note speaker the Ambassador of Belgium to the United States
- Business Development Trip to France, visiting sister chapters in Lyon and Paris.
Note that this is only an informal summary of the meeting for informational purposes. The formal meeting minutes will be available to any EACC member upon request once they have been approved by the Board at its next meeting in July 2023.