Join us on Thursday, June 4 for our “virtual” Stammtisch. Stammtisch is a German word meaning ‘regulars table;’ for the EACC it is one of our most enjoyable and long-running events, where friends and colleagues gather to renew relationships and build new connections on both the personal and the professional level.
Normally we gather the first Thursday of every month at the Newport Hofbräuhaus for Stammtisch, but social distancing requirements make that impossible. So instead – from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 4 – we’ll host a virtual Stammtisch on Zoom™. Not only will you have the opportunity to connect, but you’ll also have the chance to improve your Zoom and teleconferencing skills in general. Come with your questions and your best ideas for videoconferencing success.
Follow these simple steps to join us:
- Register to attend using the "Register" button at the top of this event page
- Follow this link: https://zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomInstaller.exe -- to download and install the Zoom web browser client to your computer. (Alternatively, download and install the Zoom App (available for both Android and Apple devices.)
- Go to https://zoom.us/test to check your audio and video settings.
- Look for an email from the EACC with a Zoom meeting link and password
- At 5:30 pm on Thursday, June 4, grab your favorite beverage and join the meeting!
- Use earbuds or headphones to reduce background noise
- Mute your microphone when you are not talking
- Pressing the space bar on your computer will temporarily unmute your microphone(and is easier than clicking the mute/unmute button)