The pandemic has highlighted the importance of private sector and public private partnerships in developing vaccines, therapeutics and other medical products in response to COVID-19 and various European and American companies are jointly contributing to the solution. The pandemic also exposed the need for secure global supply chains for PPE and medical devices and exposed the over-dependence of third world countries.
The panel will discuss the following topics:
- The pandemic highlighted the important role of private sector and public private partnerships in response to COVID-19; in developing vaccines, therapeutics, and other medical products.
- A wide range of European and American companies are jointly contributing to the solution.
- The pandemic exposed the need for a secure global supply chain of PPEs and medical devices, and exposed the over-dependence on third countries.
- Countries follow widely different approaches, regarding testing, lock-downs etc.
- Fighting disinformation regarding the disease and the vaccine.
- Peter Gajdos, Executive Chairman, CHIRANA
- Robert Langer, Koch Institute Professor, MIT/LANGER LAB
- Elaine Brennan, Executive Director, Strategic Partnerships, NORTHWELL HEALTH
- Gareth Hagan, Deputy CEO, OCO GLOBAL [Moderator]
- Additional Panelist TBA