Join us for an in-depth discussion of the challenges and opportunities facing the European economy. Our panel will begin with an update on the European Commission's newly released Spring 2022 Economic Forecast, the first to factor in the war in Ukraine and associated sanctions on Russia.
We will then discuss the major challenges and opportunities facing Europe, covering a variety of possible scenarios and key questions facing policy makers:
- What is the inflation outlook and how should policy makers respond?
- How should the EU adjust its fiscal stance to deal with the impact of the war?
- What policy tools are available to ease the uneven impact of the war and refugee inflow on different EU member states?
- How are businesses likely to adapt their supply chains?
- What are the main EU policy developments in the energy sector?
- What does the war mean for the broader global economic and financial architecture that has been in place since World War Two?
- Balazs Parkanyi, Counsellor for Economic and Financial Affairs, EU DELEGATION to the US
- Ben Carliner, Senior Economist, EU DELEGATION to the US
- Yvonne Bendinger-Rothschild, Executive Director, EACCNY [Moderator]