Where is Europe’s economy headed? The continent’s growth should be picking up steam as vaccination programs kick in, lock-downs and travel restrictions are relaxed and global trade recovers. The United States, Great Britain, China and other economies which put the Covid-19 crisis into the rear mirror quicker, are already buzzing with economic activity.
Join us for an exclusive discussion with Valdis Dombrovskis, the European Union’s Trade Commissioner, on how the world’s biggest economic region will attempt to narrow the growth gap in coming months. Commissioner Dombrovskis will also discuss what lessons policymakers should take from the coronavirus crisis, the future of supply chains, strategic autonomy and how he sees trade relations between the EU and key partners, including the UK, United States and China, progressing.
Discussion topics include:
- The state of Europe’s recovery and economic outlook, incl. how the rescue packages on both sides of the Atlantic compare in terms of volume and how they address the issues at hand
- Agenda items for the EU US Summit later in the month, incl. Aircraft and Steel tariffs, Vaccine Patents and Europe’s plan for its Digital Tax
- The state of the trade discussions between Europe and the U.S. incl. opportunities to green transatlantic trade, the U.S.’s Buy America plans, and how that may affect European companies
- The work that has been done to set up a US/EU trade and tech Council
- How Europe and the U.S. can reengage to work together on China, WTO reform and Climate Change
Commissioner Dombrovskis is uniquely positioned to shed light on these pressing issues and be happy to share his and the European Commission’s views on the way forward to restore Transatlantic collaboration to solve the pressing issues of today.
● H.E. Valdis Dombrovskis, Executive Vice President & Trade Commissioner
● Rob Cox, Global Editor, Reuters Breakingviews
This webinar is free for EACC members and non-members.