We will bring together Pascal Lamy, President Emeritus, Jacques Delors Institute, Former Director-General, World Trade Organization (WTO), Lucinda Creighton, CEO, Vulcan Consulting - and EU Trade Expert, and Doug Lippoldt, Chief Trade Economist, HSBC for a fire-side chat moderated by John Foley of Reuters News to discuss: The impact on transatlantic trade both in the EU and US, Short term impact on multifaceted supply chains; Supply chain de-risking measures; globalization measures; the pandemics impact on flow of services.
Join us for a program on Trans-Atlantic trade, how it is affected by COVID-19 and how Trade will change going forward. The panelists will discuss issue such as:
- The economic impact on both the EU and US
- Short term impact on multifaceted supply chains as the pandemic continues
- Supply chain de-risking measures
- Will there be a trend towards domestic champions, if so which industries are most likely effect and will there be opportunity for investment & growth?
- What will be the effects of the drastic measures take in the EU on the single markets
- What can businesses do in response to continuing policy and economic turbulence?
- The impact on flow of services - e.g. in education (Chinese students etc), financial services, tourism etc.
- Will this present opportunities for greater EU/US collaboration to accelerate alternatives to Chinese technologies or will both continents go it alone?
This is a discussion you don’t want to miss!
- Pascal Lamy, President Emeritus, JACQUES DELORS INSTITUTE, Former Director-General, WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION (WTO)
- Lucinda Creighton, Chief Executive Officer, VULCAN CONSULTING Ltd.
- Doug Lippoldt, Chief Trade Economist, HSBC
- John Sinclair Foley, U.S. editor, REUTERS BREAKINGVIEWS [Moderator]